In July we boxed up our Arizona life.
I left the best job I've ever had.
We loaded up the pooch.
And started our cross country adventure to North Carolina.
My dad and two little sisters were nice enough to join us on the 32 hour drive and help us get settled into our new house.
While my family was in town we explored Duke campus, went to a Durham Bulls baseball game, visited the beach, spent a few days in Virginia and spent a day visiting the historical sites in Washington D.C. So glad they were able to stay with us and help us make the drive.
Duke held a 90's dance party for the incoming students so Chad and I found a local thrift store and did the best we could to channel Saved by the Bell and Full House fashion. Once we arrived at the party we realized we wouldn't be able to go inside since it was at a club and because spandex doesn't come with pockets, I left my I.D. at home. Oops! We ended up spending time getting to know other students outside and had a really fun time.
One of my favorite things about living in North Carolina is their farmers markets. Fresh food, live music, free samples, and food trucks. How could you go wrong? We ended up going home with a basket of cherry tomatoes, a bag full of fresh peaches and bellies full of ice cream and pizza.
A few weeks ago we were able to escape life for a few hours and go on a date. We went to a tasty restaurant called the Mellow Mushroom and then we headed to Raleigh temple to do a session together.

Chad has been working hard with school work while still working part time, and working on a business idea. He is also a primary teacher for the 10 and 11 year olds in our ward. I start my job at Spoonflower on Monday and I'm excited to have found a company that feeds my love for creativity and design.
More than that, we're excited for this little bean to join our family. After a long wait of dealing with switching insurance companies we were finally able to make it in for our appointment and receive confirmation that there is in fact a reason for my nausea, tiredness, and lack of appetite. Hooray that the reason is this!








love reading your posts!! thanks for sharing Allie, we sure miss you guys in Arizona!!
ReplyDeleteyay- pictures and details! :) looks like you guys are getting settled and adjusting well. so excited for your little one to join you!!!
ReplyDelete