On Friday I was at work when I got a call from a 818 number. If I don't recognize the number, I never answer the phone so I rejected the call after a few rings. A few minutes later my phone said that I had a voice mail message. I started listening to it, thinking that it was going to be an operator or sales person, but the first thing I heard was "Hey Allison, this is Brian with the Ellen Degeneres show..." I hung up the phone and called the number right back, but it sent me to the Warner Brothers Studio machine and wouldn't allow me to leave a message. I dialed my voice mail again and listened to the complete message where he gave me another number to call. My hands were shaking and the number I wrote down looked like a Kindergartner writing numbers for the first time. When I called the correct number it took my to Brian's voice mail where I left as calm of message as I could. He called me back a few minutes later and told me that I had won tickets to Ellen's 12 days of giveaways! I couldn't believe it! He told me that studio is flying my mom and I out to LA for the taping, paying for our hotel, and a car while we are there. After he confirmed all my information I hung up the phone and called my mom.
I stepped outside and called my mom so the screaming wouldn't wake up my sleeping niece. She was just as surprised and excited as I was and we quickly started looking up previous seasons giveaways. We are so excited to take this trip together and I still have to listen to the voice mail message to remind myself that this is really happening. My dad and Chad are planning on taking the day off work so that they can come with us and have a man date while my mom and I are dancing with Ellen. UNBELIEVABLE!

You are going to have sooo much fun!! I had the opportunity to go see a taping of Ellen when she had Madonna on... it was such a blast!!! Can't wait to see what goods you get!! :)
ReplyDeleteSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYay! I am so excited for two of my favorite peeps! Miss you friend.
ReplyDeleteShut the front door! I can't believe it! That is so awesome and I am so excited for you. Make sure you fill us in on what date it airs so we can all say that we know someone famous and watch you and your momasita. I have had friends that have gone and had a blast but the 12 day giveaway is going to be A-mazing! So fun for you guys!
ReplyDelete