Sunday, March 3, 2013

Diet Schmiet

Last month Chad and I signed up to be in a biggest loser type challenge with his family. The goals for each individual were written down and a private Facebook group was created to help us all keep track of our progress. The daily goals are to drink 32oz of water, get at least 20 min of exercise, and eat two servings of fruits and vegetables. Seems doable right? I was on board until they implemented the $1 fine for every cheat i.e. chips, sweets, junk food. That's when there was kicking and screaming and gnashing of teeth. We ordered a scale (probably the worst purchase we've ever made as a married couple) and got our fitness on. The good news is that we didn't weigh ourselves before telling the group our goal weight and apparently all the walking back and forth from campus has done me good because I hit my goal within the first week!

 This cartoon pretty much sums up my feelings about how I've handled the "diet" thus far.
I tell Chad that this is preparing us both for when I am pregnant. I am craving everything that would send me into a diabetic coma: In-N-Out Animal Fries, Burgers from Lenny's, a big box of Spree's, and Mexican food oh sweet Mexican food, I dream about you daily. Chad pretty much ruins all of my food fantasy's by telling me all of the nutritional facts. As of today, Chad has lost 9lbs and I have lost 4lbs. I have yet to owe money into the cheat pot which is HUGE for me.

This whole challenge has caused us to be very aware of the daily food choices we make. I'm so glad that Chad keeps me in check because you can bet your biscuits I would be face first in a bowl of Garcia's bean dip by now. 

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.
Amen!

3 comments:

  1. hahah Oh your posts just make me so happy! I am a sucker for sweets too. So my thing is if I work out enough then I can pretty much eat anything I want. Terrible I know, but it helps me justify eating things sometimes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious! And I'm jealous that you've already hit your goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! Hey we are going to be so cute and skinny at the end after our family gets rid of the extra family member whom I lovingly refer to as "bubba" and I am the worst about cheating. I am going to be in debt from this diet. Totally worth it if I lose my 27 lbs that are my goal. 14 1/2 pounds left for me, but then I am going to keep going to a total of 42 pounds lost. We'll see how fast I get there. We are all doing awesome so far!

    ReplyDelete