We were planning on exploring a military museum while we were there but after walking to it we found out it was closed.
![]() |
| Horrible picture taken by one of our fellow cruisers. |
I had never even heard of the Azores before and would still have to pull up Google Maps to tell you. Sadly, this conversation happened more than once...
Allie: Chad, where are we?
Chad: Um...the Azores.
Allie: Ya, but really...where are we?
To all of you who don't know either, here it is.
I felt like we were on the set of a movie while walking through this little town. I was hoping the village people would peak through the windows wearing fun costumes and start bursting into song and dance in the middle of the court yard like they do in Disney movies.
We didn't have too much time in the Azores so rather than book a tour we decided to explore the gardens.
After discovering we are no good at taking "myspace" pictures of ourselves we thought it best to focus on enjoying the garden instead.
These rubber trees were Amazing!![]() |
| This is one tree! It became so big that the branches would connect to other branches of the tree and continue on growing. |

Photographer wannabe heaven! I had so much fun playing with different settings on my camera and was glad the hubs signed me up for a travel photography class before we left. I learned so much and was able to test out all my new skills.
| What a hunk ! |
![]() |
| Just a humble little home. |
![]() |
| How fancy! I loved all the designs and the architecture. My interior design instructor would have been proud. |
We loved all the fun, bright colors of each building and had a blast walking around the city.
After hiking all over the Azores we did some window shopping and then stopped for an over priced beverage at one of the local cafe's. Sorry to any family members we text in the wee hours of the morning while we were out playing. By the end of our travels we were nine hours ahead of AZ and it took awhile to adjust.
Next up....SPAIN























I have resisted looking at Living The Dream - Part 2 for a week now because I am still a little jealous of Living The Dream Part 1. Fortunately for me, this dream was easier to look at because there was no fabulous alligator farm. Door knobs I can live with, but alligators are priceless!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Allie!!
ReplyDelete