Friday, April 19, 2013

Our Prodigal Pooch

A few weeks back Chad and I discovered late one evening that our darling pooch had escaped. Chad and I had gone out to dinner that evening so we didn't even realize she was missing until 12:30 am. We spent two hours searching through the neighborhood and putting up signs and creating adds on Craigslist. The next day was Saturday, and we stayed home from the IRC so we could keep looking. We were on our way out the door to go check the nearby pound when Chad got an email from Craigslist. A lady a few blocks over had found our Brinkley. The lady told us that Brinkley ran around her small apartment all night and morning and didn't fall asleep until 6 am. She proved to be an animal lover and after all the stories she told us about how Brinkley tore up her apartment, I questioned why we were so devastated to lose her :)

She promptly came into the house and laid her pooch belly down on the cold kitchen tile.


The following weekend I came home from a baby shower and noticed that Brinkley was really sluggish. I let her in the house and she cuddled with me all afternoon while I worked on my homework. This is very unlike Brinkley and we decided to make an appointment with the vet when she wouldn't eat her favorite things i.e. garments, socks, shoe laces. We found out Brinkley had a nasty stomach virus and we were sent home with tons of shots and IV fluids to keep her hydrated. I can now say that I am a professional shot giver. So glad I didn't end up going into the medical field, I'm a wuss. 


Needless to say, we spent many hours snuggling together on our ginormous bean bag chair.


After four days of throw ups and no eating she finally snapped back and started eating again.
It was a rough week but she is now back to her wily ways and preparing for her Wiggles and Wags Boot Camp training class this summer.








No comments:

Post a Comment